Vitamins and Supplements as Migraine Reliefs
Are They Helpful for Your Migraine?
Vitamin A, C, D, E, K… There are so many types of vitamins and minerals in this world! Most of the time, we’ll be able to get sufficient amounts of vitamins and minerals from a well-balanced diet. However, for people with migraine, some vitamins and supplements are more than just an option for added health benefits.
More than 4,000 members of the Migraine Buddy community shared with us via a survey the experience of using vitamins and supplements as a form of migraine relief.
We’re sharing with you some interesting points from the survey’s results so that we can all learn together!
1. Magnesium is the most known supplement for migraine relief.
2. A good number of Migraine Buddy users have tried vitamins and supplements as migraine relief
77% said they have tried and among them, magnesium was the supplement that most (88.6%) had tried.
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) and Vitamin D were also popular contenders.
We also received many other options that were not listed in the survey, such as Iron, Vitamin B12, Omega 3, multivitamins, butterbur, turmeric, and Vitamin B6
3. For those who have not tried using vitamins and supplements, almost 95% said they will be keen to try it in the future!
4. Lack of regulation by FDA and existing treatment plans involving other medications are some common reasons cited for the hesitance of using vitamins and supplements as migraine relief
5. Magnesium is rated to be helpful to some extent for those who have tried this supplement. 60% of respondents gave a rating of 3 and above (neutral to most helpful)
6. Riboflavin, otherwise known as Vitamin B2, also received somewhat positive results for its effectiveness.
7. For the remaining vitamins and supplements, they did not seem to be as helpful for those who did try them out. Most of the ratings received were on the lower end of the scale (neutral to most not helpful).
With that said, vitamins and supplements are only one of the many options available for preventive migraine relief. Some people may not be comfortable with adding more pills to their already huge amount of pills to take, and that’s a completely valid point!
We know that everyone’s migraine condition is different and this alternative may not be the best for you. Don’t give up on finding your most helpful reliefs – it may be a long journey of discovery, but the migraine community and us here at Migraine Buddy will be with you every step of the way. You’re never alone! ??